When are applications due to the Online Neuroscience Certificate Program?
- Applications are due May1 to begin in August/Fall.
- Applications are due October 1 to begin January/Spring.
Are applications accepted for the Summer?
- No. Applications are only accepted to begin in the Fall or Spring.
Are there course requirements to be admitted?
- You must have completed a BA/BS degree. Strong applicants will have a previous science course background in biology, chemistry, and/or physics.
What is the GPA requirement to be admitted?
- Applicants should have at least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA.
How long does the program take?
- 3-4 semesters depending on the term you begin and course load each semester. Some courses require prerequisites that are offered only once per year or only fall/spring.
Are the courses asynchronous?
- Yes, they are asynchronous. All courses have assignments that are due at specific times during the semester. Times are based on Eastern Standard time. Students requesting a Zoom conference will meet with instructors synchronously.
Can courses completed in the Certificate be transferred into the Masters?
- All courses completed with a grade of B or better can be transferred into the online Masters in Neuroscience.
- Some courses completed with a grade of B or better can be transferred into the in-person Masters of Science in Medical Sciences: Neuroscience with the approval your faculty mentor and the Program Director. Transfer of courses will not reduce/substitute lab and other course time required to complete the program.