When are applications due to the Online Neuroscience Certificate Program?
- Applications are due May1 to begin in August/Fall.
- Applications are due October 1 to begin January/Spring.
Are applications accepted for the Summer?
- No. Applications are only accepted to begin in the Fall or Spring.
Are there course requirements to be admitted?
- You must have completed a BA/BS degree. Strong applicants will have a previous science course background in biology, chemistry, and/or physics.
What is the GPA requirement to be admitted?
- Applicants should have at least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA.
How long does the program take?
- 3-4 semesters depending on the term you begin (Fall or Spring) and course load each semester. Some courses require prerequisites that are offered only once per year or only fall/spring.
Are the courses asynchronous?
- Yes, they are asynchronous. All courses have assignments that are due at specific times during the semester. Times are based on Eastern Standard time. Students requesting a Zoom conference will meet with instructors synchronously.
Can courses completed in the Certificate be transferred into the Masters?
- All courses completed with a grade of B or better can be transferred into the online Masters in Neuroscience.
- Some courses completed with a grade of B or better can be transferred into the in-person Masters of Science in Medical Sciences: Neuroscience with the approval your faculty mentor and the Program Director. Transfer of courses will not reduce/substitute lab and other course time required to complete the program.
You may find the answer to any additional questions on the main program page.
You can also email the Academic Coordinator, Melissa Naidu.