Applications are now being accepted for SNIP 2024. The final deadline for submitting a complete application (including letters of recommendation), is FEBRUARY 1st, 2024.
To complete the application, you will need:
- Copies of academic transcripts from each college or university that you have attended (merged into a single PDF). Please label file “last Name-Transcripts“
- Names and contact information (telephone and email address) of two referees who will submit Letters of Recommendation on your behalf (it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that both letters are submitted before the final deadline). Letters of Recommendation should be completed by faculty members of courses that you have taken, laboratories that you have worked in, or academic supervisors/mentors.
- Choice of up to three UF neuroscience mentors whose research aligns with your own interests (see list below).
- A copy of your CV to upload. Please label file “last Name-CV“
- A one-page personal statement. Please label file “last Name-Personal Statement.“
- Files can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
We will contact applicants who meet preliminary selection criteria by email to arrange a zoom interview with members of the SNIP selection committee. During the interview, Interviewees will be asked to elaborate upon their research interests and career goals, will discuss potential mentored research projects for the summer and will be given the opportunity to ask questions about SNIP and the overall training environment at UF. Importantly, this initial interview is not a guarantee of acceptance into the program.
Once all interviews are completed and selection is made, applicants will be notified of acceptance into the program by email and this notification will also contain information about the faculty mentor that they will be assigned to work with.
Applicants not accepted into the program will be notified by email by March 15th, 2024.