Trainee Applicant Requirements
Eligible trainees must:
- Be enrolled in one of the two affiliated training programs (Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program or Clinical Health Psychology).
- Have successfully completed two semesters of coursework in their home program, maintained at least a B average in their coursework, and otherwise be in good standing in their graduate program.
- Have been accepted into a BMS or CHP Program Faculty Laboratory for dissertation research.
- Intend to conduct dissertation research focused on Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias.
- Be otherwise T32-eligible by NIH rules (e.g., U.S. citizen or green card holder).
- Be willing to complete all requirements of the ADRD Training Program.
Typically, new trainees will be entering their second or third year of their Ph.D. program, but students at other points in their programs will be considered.
How to Apply?
Applicants are encouraged to submit application materials listed below to Elizabeth Fisher (email@example.com). The application deadline will be announced in the future.
- An NIH F30/31 Biosketch using NIH font and margin requirements. The personal statement should include career goals and how the T32 training program will allow you to reach those goals (the statement itself should not be longer than 1 page).
- A specific aims page, highlighting which aims would benefit from the T32 training program.
- Undergraduate and graduate school transcripts (unofficial is fine for application, but official ones will be needed before start date).
Three letters of support are also needed for a complete application. The letter writers should send their letters directly to Elizabeth Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A letter of support from your mentor. This letter must include an explicit statement agreeing to support the trainee’s participation in all ADRD Training Program activities.
- A letter of support from another faculty member at UF; this can be a member of your committee, a course director/instructor or a collaborator.
- A brief letter from your Department Chair affirming his/her commitment to provide necessary financial support for you to complete your degree after the period of ADRD financial support has ended.