|1964||BA (Experimental Psychology)||University of Texas, Arlington|
|1968||MA & PhD (Physiological Psychology)||Texas Christian University, Fort Worth|
|1968-1970||Postdoctoral Fellowship (Neurobiology)||University of Florida, Gainesville|
Professional Experience at the University of Florida:
|1970-1983||Research Scientist, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Gainesville, FL|
|1971-1975||Assistant Professor, Department of Neuroscience|
|1975-1981||Associate Professor, Department of Neuroscience|
|1981-2003||Professor, Department of Neuroscience|
|1983-2003||Senior Research Career Scientist, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Gainesville, FL|
|2003||Retired Professor Emeritus, Department of Neuroscience|
Major Research Interests:
- The role of neurotrophic factors in ethanol – induced neurotoxicity.
- Neurohistological, neurophysiological, and behavioral effects of chronic ethanol exposure and aging.
- Anatomy, physiology and pharmacology of the hippocampus.
- The effects of prenatal ethanol exposure on the development of brain and behavior.
- The neurobiological mechanisms of ethanol tolerance and dependence.