Brain Awareness Week 2021 is coming up soon this year (March 15-19) and we need volunteers to help make it happen!
Each year during BAW we do community outreach at various elementary, middle, and high schools throughout Alachua County where we get to teach students about the fascinating aspects of the brain. Volunteering is a fun way to get to know fellow UF scientists and help your community. This year volunteering is easier than ever because BAW is taking place through a virtual format.
Don’t worry if you are not experienced – we will provide you with a training session where we will go over how to teach each class we offer and will also provide you with all the materials you need.
PLEASE SIGN UP BY FRIDAY MARCH 5TH
To volunteer, please do the following three things:
1) Fill out this google form letting us know your availability. Please indicate ALL times you would be free, and then how many days you would like to participate. This will allow us to better fit everyone’s schedules.
2) Attend ONE of the following training sessions held through zoom:
- Thursday, March 11th 10:00 AM- 10:45 AM
- Thursday, March 11th 11:00 AM- 11:45 AM
- Thursday, March 11th 5:00 PM- 5:45 PM
- Friday, March 12th 11:00 AM- 11:45 AM
- Friday, March 12th 2:00 PM- 2:45 PM
- Friday, March 12th 3:00 PM- 3:45 PM
If you are not able to attend any of those dates/times, please email email@example.com and we will set up an alternate training time.
3) Zoom in with your assigned school on the day/time we give you and have a blast teaching students about the brain!
Please email us with any questions you may have. Thank you so much for volunteering!