Mike Tattershall

picture of studentThis program provides a detailed introduction into neuroscience. The texts, curriculum, and presentation of material are all spot on. Most importantly, the professors are superb. They are all experts in their areas, but are approachable. I have seen other such programs online, but the University of Florida is the only one that truly gets it right.

The Functional Human Neuroanatomy course was great, for me it was perspective shifting. I have always thought of the brain in very limited terms but this [course] really opened my eyes and taught me that our brains are always very active with many processes at any given time. Again, I am very grateful to UF and to you [Dr. Sue Semple-Rowland] and Dr. Mandel for providing this level of quality and training. I have never been a great fan of online learning, but you have found a way to do it right and it can work. I am already able to apply what I have learned in my supervision and direct interventions with some seriously troubled youth and a lot of what we see in practice makes more sense when viewed from a perspective of first asking what is happening with these kids’ brains. I look forward to continuing, Go Gators.