Summer Neuroscience Internship Program
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017 SNIP PROGRAM ARE NOW OPEN
What is SNIP?
UF Department of Neuroscience is hosting a 10 week paid research internship from May 30 – August 4, 2017. All students interested in a research career that have not been accepted for post-graduate training are encouraged to apply.
We provide students with housing and a $400 per week stipend. Preference will be given to students majoring in a biomedical-related discipline (for example: psychology, biology, engineering, chemistry, pharmacology, genetics). No previous research training is required.
SNIP students from the inaugural cohort represented the following colleges and universities:
Amherst College, Bethune Cookman University, California State University, Fullerton, Florida Gulf Coast University, Hampton University, Lafayette College, Lycoming College, Skidmore College, University of Florida, and University of Mary Washington
SNIP Co-Directors: Drs. Sara Burke, Jada Lewis, Joseph McQuail, and Sarah Johnson
How to Apply
The deadline for the Summer Neuroscience Internship Program (SNIP) is March 15, 2017. However, we will begin reviewing applications January 15, 2017. Applications not completed by March 15, 2017 will not be considered.
Please submit the following items to the program email address: SNIP@neuroscience.ufl.edu
- SNIP Application Form
- <1 page personal statement in .doc, .docx, or .pdf
- Transcripts from each college/university attended
- Copy of SAT, ACT, GRE and MCAT scores (whatever is applicable)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation emailed directly from Professors to SNIP@neuroscience.ufl.edu
SNIP research-related activities include:
- A research project mentored by experienced investigators
- A weekly seminar by Neuroscience faculty and post docs
- Training in scientific communication (written and spoken) and scientific ethics
- A seminar and interview about applying for postgraduate training
- The SNIP Professional Development Symposium
2016 SNIP Poster Session Winners: